Even when you are staying at the least eco-friendly accommodation, you can make a change. As a guest you have a lot of control over your own environmental impact. That’s why we provide you with few sustainable solutions for your next stay.
- Take short showers. We all know it is really nice to take a long hot shower every now and then, but it is definitely not necessary to take one twice a day. Please think about this when you take a shower. Did you know a 15 minute shower uses almost 40 gallons of water!?
- Hang your towel. If you are at home you are also not just using your towel once, so why should you do that in a hotel?
- When you leave the room, turn off everything! Turn off lights, Television, air-conditioning, fan, thermostat, radio etc.
- Unplug! Appliances drain energy, even if they are not being used. Only plug appliances if you are actually going to use them and after having used them, unplug again.
- Flush less frequently. “if its brown flush it down, if its yellow let it mellow”
- Recycle if the hotel doesn’t recycle, take it with you and recycle later
- Use the do not disturb sign or tell housekeeping you don’t need them today. You are not cleaning your room at home every day, are you?
- Adjust the thermostat if you lower the room’s temperature with only 2 degrees in winter and increase the temperature with 2 degrees in summer, you save a lot of energy.
- Take your own toiletries Do not use the shampoo and body wash provided.
- Don’t take any free gifts with you You really don’t need another pen.
- Do not use the air-conditioning or the fan
Posted via email from greenpath’s Space | Comment »